Fancying seeing you here! Probably time to start packing up soon, but not quite yet! We have a couple more projects and giveaways!
Here’s a GLORIOUS step-by-step project by our good friend Tina Cox. She’s been crafting away all weekend for us, bless her! I hope she’s got plenty of cake and sweets to keep her going…
Tina has again made you TWO epic projects. I’ll showcase one here in full… Her favourite of the two “because it’s got sequins”. Duh. Tina loves her some sparkles and bedazzling! And I’ll share her blog post of the second project, as I did on yesterday’s blog.
But now ladies and gentlemen, drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrum-roll please…
This was Tina’s first groovi plate that she designed, the Bamboo plate!
- Groovi Plate Starter Kit Deluxe GRO-SK-40571-XX
- Word Chain Alphabet Groovi Border Plate Mate GRO-MA-40559-13
- Nested Squares Picot Cut Die Set & Groovi Plate ACC-DI-30698-66
- Bamboo A5 Square Groovi Plate GRO-GR-40310-03
- Large Lace Netting A5 Square Groovi Plate GRO-PA-40339-03
- Straight Basic & Pattern No.1 Groovi Border Piercing Grids GRO-GG-41018-14
- 1mm Pergamano Ball Tool – Extra Small PER-TO-70011
- 1.5mm Pergamano Ball Tool – Small PER-TO-70004-XX
- Embossing Tool 1.2mm Shader PER-TO-70003-XX
- 1-Needle Bold Perforating Tool PER-TO-70028-XX
- 2-Needle Bold Perforating Tool PER-TO-70279-XX
- Pergamano Ringlock Scissors PER-TO-70041-XX (or Pergamano Exclusive Pointed Scissors or Perga Cutter – curved)
- Perga Liners – Combi Box PER-CO-70063-XX
- Dorso Oil PER-CO-70066-XX
- Perga Colours Exclusive PER-CO-70060-XX
- Clarity Lightwave LED Light Panel + Free A4 Translucent Piercing Mat ACC-LP-30352-A4
- Groovi A5 Parchment (20 Sheets) GRO-AC-40020-XX
- Groovi Guard GRO-AC-40345-XX
- Groovi Sticker Tabs GRO-AC-40437-XX
- A4 Translucent White Super Foam GRO-AC-40603-A4
- A4 Picot Foam GRO-AC-40625-XX
- Perga Glue PER-AC-70133-XX
- Pastel Mix Pergamano Brads PER-AC-70270-XX
- Indian Summer Duet Designer Paper ACC-CA-30524-88
- Kraft Card Blanks 6″x6″ X20 ACC-CA-30753-66
- Barbara’s Words Sticker Collection ACC-SC-30849-A5
Step 1: Die cut the 4rd largest nested picot square on regular parchment paper using the Nested Squares Picot dies. Emboss the double outline from the matching Nested Picot Squares Groovi plate using the 1mm embossing ball tool (or Groovi No.1).
Step 2: With the front side up, using Groovi tabs, stick the parchment over the Straight Pattern No.1 Groovi Border Piercing Grid plate and perforate the border pattern using the 1-needle bold perforating tool.
Step 2: Remove the parchment, turn it over to the back and stick it over the Straight Basic Groovi Border Piercing Grid plate. Emboss dots between the perforations using the 1.5mm embossing ball tool (or Groovi No.2).
If you want to learn more about using these straight and diagonal lace pattern border grids there are iibooks to help you along with lots of inspiration for different ways of using the grids.
The bundle for the 4 books can be found HERE 🙂
The bundle has a beginner book and an intermediate/advanced book for the Straight Pattern No.1 Groovi Border Piercing Grid and a beginner book and an intermediate/advanced book for the Diagonal Pattern No.1 Groovi Border Piercing Grid.
For individual iibooks, look HERE 🙂
Right, back to it…
Step 3: Use the Nested Picot Squares Groovi plate and the 1mm embossing ball tool (or Groovi No.1) to emboss a double outline on either side of the lace design.
Step 4: Emboss the bamboo from the Bamboo plate using the the 1mm embossing ball tool (or Groovi No.1).
Step 5: Emboss the netting from the Large Lace Netting plate using the the 1mm embossing ball tool (or Groovi No.1).
Step 6: Still working on the back, colour on either side of the lace panel using Perga Liner B7 and B16 pencils. Using a piece of kitchen roll folded into a square, followed by diagonally to bring it to a point, blend the colours using a small amount of Dorso oil.
Step 7: Once the oil has evaporated and the work is completely dry, on the back, bamboo, parts of the netting and between the double outlines using Perga Colours Exclusive pens, PCE13, PCE16, PCE17 & PCE18. Let the colouring dry otherwise the colour will smudge.
Step 8: On a spare piece of parchment, emboss the 2 butterflies from the Bamboo plate using the the 1mm embossing ball tool (or Groovi No.1).
Step 9: Freehand emboss inside the wings and body using the Pergamano shader tool.
Step 10: Turn the parchment to the front, using the 2-needle bold perforating tool, perforate outside the butterflies.
Step 11: Picot cut between all the perforations making sure the scissors are over the waste when you cut.
To Finish: Mount the piece on Kraft card picot cut using the 3rd from outside die and a piece of parchment 12.5×12.5cm using brads.
Stick this on Indian Summer designer paper 14x14cm, 14.5×14.5cm white card and 6″x6″ folded Kraft card.
Stick the butterflies on using a teeny tiny amount of Perga Glue on the back of the butterfly bodies. Stick a word sticker and some sequins.
Thank you, Tina! That is a stunning card, don’t you agree? Happy, Joyous & Free indeed!
You can find Tina’s second project beautifully displayed HERE.
2 more giveaways from me today! This give-away has to be something Tina-esque… so here we go. I LOVE this set.
So… if you want to win this fantastic Groovi set, leave a comment below telling me what your favourite colour is and why and I’ll pick three winners. Mine is teal, teal everything… because it’s calming. According to ol’ Google, this is what teal symbolizes…
Teal: A more sophisticated version of turquoise, teal signifies trustworthiness and reliability. It promotes spiritual advancement and commitment.
Ayyyyyyyy! Thanks google. Sophisticated, trustworthy, reliable, spiritual and committed. Pretty spot on, if I do say so myself! hahaha… except perhaps sophisticated 😉
What’s your fave colour and why? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win!
Lotsa love, Grace xoxo
Clarity – The Home of Art, Craft and Well-being.