Hello! Grace here.
Happy Sunday! How are we all feeling?
All a tad tired from our excitement yesterday but ready for another afternoon of the same? Me too!
I signed on to Facebook this morning and my ‘memories’ gifted me this video on this glorious Sunday, giving me an opportunity to share it with you! What timing!
Oh I do miss them. This was exactly a year ago when I travelled home to England to get trained up on some things, and spend a little time getting set up with Clarity again. I often love to pull out my phone and whack hilarious ‘filters’ on to all of my family members. It does make us giggle.
Speaking of giggling, the lovely Linda Williams is spending her Sunday with us! We are lucky to have her friendship! Linda is a good friend and designer. She’s a legend of parchment art! And you’ll often see stamps, stencils and groovi plates called Linda’s this & Linda’s that. She’s pretty darn special. HI LINDA!
My Mum and Linda are very good friends, and I know when they’re together it’s nonstop giggles. Here’s a photo of them abroad…
And here is a photo of Linda and Rob at my Mum & Dave’s wedding! What an event that was. Oh to go back in time to THAT day. I’ll do a blog in the future with photos, it really was like nothing any of us had experienced before. But then it is my Mum… she’s not exactly ‘standard’ is she?
Giraffes and rhinos on your wedding day? Absolutely!
She has kindly shared a gallery of her work with us, all of which are just so impressive. Have a gander…
Quite the collection! And it’s just the tip of the iceberg. Linda is INCREDIBLE. And she’s preparing us for Christmas! Thinking ahead in the craft world.
Check out the Step-by-Step project Linda is sharing today 🙂
- Alphabet A5 square Groovi plate mate GRO-MA-40002-07
- Word Chain alphabet Groovi border plate mate GRO-MA-40559-13
- Linda’s Snowmen A5 square Groovi plate GRO-WI-41005-03
- Linda’s Snowlady A5 square Groovi plate GRO-WI-41006-03
- Linda’s Snowbaby A5 square Groovi plate GRO-WI-41004-03
- Nested Squares Groovi plate GRO-PA-40037-03
- Dream and Congratulations mini word chains Groovi Border plate GRO-WO-40889-09
- Journaling & Miracle mini word chains Groovi Border plate GRO-WO-40890-09
- New arrival & Brilliant mini word chains Groovi Border plate GRO-WO-40891-09
- Merry Christmas & Birthday mini word chains Groovi Border plate GRO-WO-40888-09
- 1-needle perforating tool PER-TO-70035-XX
- 2-needle perforating tool PER-TO-70037-XX
- Exclusive pointed scissors PER-TO-70040-XX
- Ball Embossing tools
- 2mm Star embossing tool PER-TO-70006-XX
- Perga Colours Exclusive PER-CO-70060-XX
- Pergamano Mix Mat PER-AC-70304-XX
- Round brush No 2 PER-BR-70044-XX
- Mapping pen PER-TO-70039-XX
- Sticky ink PER-AC-70134-XX
- Perga glitter PER-AC-70252-XX
- Mixed pack x20 Groovi Christmas Parchment Paper A4 GRO-AC-40382-A4
1. Use groovi guard. Emboss a stack of snowmen using all three snowmen plates. Start with Snow Baby first.
2. Using the double border from the Snow Baby plate emboss a rectangle to fit. Use the nested squares to emboss the ladder effect evenly. Start at each corner and work towards the middle adjusting to fit.
3. Colour on the back! Using PCE, no2 brush and mix mat to paint the clothes of the snowmen in colours of your choice. Paint the larger areas with the brush and add detail directly with the fine nib end of the PCE pen. Leave the white parts of the snowmen free of colour for embossing. Paint the alternate squares in the border. Add some red cheeks on the front with the tiniest amount of red pencil and blending medium on a blending nib.
4. Emboss the white parts of snowmen and alternate squares of border using the ball tools. Using the 1-needle tool stipple the nappy and parts of snowmen to give shading.
5. On another piece of parchment emboss a larger rectangle to accommodate the small rectangle and give enough space for the words. Divide as before and finish in the same way. Mark the position of the small rectangle with a white pencil and on the other half emboss words of your choice using the mini word chains border plates. Emboss some of the letters and shadow write on the back with the black fine liner pen.
6. Perforate around both rectangles with the 2-needle tool and cut out.
TO FINISH: Add Sticky Ink and Glitter. Mat and layer with the Christmas Green Parchment paper and white card.
Bloomin’ brilliant she is.
On that Christmassy note, it’s competition time!
Leave a comment below letting me know where you think Linda & Barbara were in this photo? Which country?
I’ll put all correct answers/guesses into a raffle, and 3 lucky winners will win this FAB Christmassy Groovi set of Linda’s!
See you in a bit! 🙂
Lotsa Love, Grace xoxo
Clarity – The Home of Art, Craft and Well-being.