Still here? So are we!
As Josie Davidson takes a well earned tea break this afternoon, Dee Paramour is stepping in! Oh I love Dee. Say hello!
Dee has been kind enough to prepare a wonderful step-by-step project for you! And boy is it beautiful…
- NDC Stamp Issue 155 or any silhouette stamp
- Versamark Inkpad INK-VE-50221-XX
- Trim off two sides of the stencil card to make it slightly smaller. Ink up the flower stamp with the Versamark Inkpad. Use an antistatic bag, cornflower or talc over the stencil card then stamp on the edge of the card, apply the embossing powder and heat set. Repeat twice more always keeping to the edge. Apply a light layer of the distress inks over the card in patches. You can ignore the middle as we will be covering this up.
- Stamp and emboss three more flowers and apply another light layer of ink as before. The idea is to slowly build up the colour and to have the flowers different colours.
- Repeat the above until all the edges are covered. Apply more ink so its nice and bright. Buff any residue ink off the embossed images.
- Spritz water all over the inked card. Allow to dry naturally if possible. You can force dry but be very careful to keep the heat tool a good distance away from the card so you don’t re-melt the embossed flowers. Once dry clean off any ink on the embossed images.
- Stamp the text onto stencil card using the Sky Blue Archival Inkpad. Make sure you leave enough room round it for the die.
- Die cut the text out using the 7th nested die in, then cut two more circles using the 6th and 5th dies in form the stencil card.
- Use the three Distress inkpads and brush a different colour round the edge of circle.
- Fix the backgound piece to a 7×7 card blank then layer up the circles centrally on the card.
Rather beautiful, right? Dee is incredibly talented, as well as very kind. I’m quite proud to be presenting all of these wonderful ladies’ projects. I would love to see you have a crack at them! Any or all of them. Please feel free to email them to me (email@example.com) with the subject ‘Dee Paramour/Josie Davidson/Sam Crowe/Sarah Brennan/Jane Telford – inspired card’. You never know, I might just showcase them 😉
Another opportunity to win some freebies, did I hear you say?
Alrighty! It’s Solstice today! Did you know? This is the longest day (most daylight hours) of the year for people living in the northern hemisphere. It is also the day that the Sun reaches its highest point in the sky. The winter solstice, or the shortest day of the year, happens when the Earth’s North Pole is tilted farthest from the Sun.
Leave a comment below to not only let us know what you think of Dee’s brilliant project but also tell me what your favourite summer activity is! We may not be able to do them now, but even thinking about them might bring some joy!
I will put all of your names in a raffle and will pick out 3 winners to win this FABULOUS ‘Make A Wish’ stencil set! I figure that if we all wish hard enough for our favourite summer activities, we might help the universe make them happen!
Don’t forget to check out our Open Day 25% off Sale!
I’ll be back 😉
Lotsa love, Grace xoxo
Clarity – The Home of Art, Craft and Well-being.